Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th!!!

STADIUM OF FIRE, 2008

Wow! We have had a crazy couple of days! We started off our celebrations with the annual Kaysville parade. It's always hot but we go anyways to get our years supply of crappy taffy....

It's always fun, though! Then we went home and girded up our loins for the...."STADIUM OF FIRE!!!!" ( you have to say that whilst singing the jingle). Madelyn, Savannah and I were able to go thanks to Lance's boss. We had pretty good seats and the fireworks were fantastic. My camera caught a tiny bit of video of Miley Cyrus during her song..."Good and Broken". We love Miley.




Sorry it's so short !
We sat so close to the fireworks that we got attacked by ashes and debris. But it was definitely a night I hope my girls will always remember. Glenn Beck was the host and he knows how to make you feel all patriotic. We teared up at the flag and soldiers (especially when they skydived into the stadium with the flags attached to them). VERY cool!!!


Proud to be an American!!!


4 comments:

Lilian said...

You got some AWESOME pics of the fireworks Brandy!!! You're so lucky to see Miley AGAIN!!! Elder Nielsen will be so jealous but he'd also be WAY excited for you too!

Years supply of crappy taffy.... that made me laught out loud!!!!

Allison said...

How fun! You got some awesome pics, Brandy! I LOVE AMERICA!

Paige said...

You are too funny! Glad you liked the taffy. Maybe you could throw some over our way since we missed it! The stadium of fire looks so fun!

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Hi Brandy!
I am so happy to get your blog site! I can't believe how big the kids have gotten. It cracks me up how Madelyn looks exactly the same only she gotten taller! You still have your great sense of humor! So good to hear from you!
Love,
Tammie